What is our primary use case?
Our primary use case for this solution is API tests.
How has it helped my organization?
Since we are working with Runscope, we have a tool which is shareable between all the team members in a uniform standard. Now, each of us can easily run all our tests in a couple of minutes before deployment and all the team can see the results. We can receive an email and slack notifications if tests are failing/passing.
What is most valuable?
- Ability to schedule and compare the test suite results over time periods.
- It has a relatively simple user experience.
- Ability to copy tests suite between buckets.
- Ability to add JS libraries.
- Email and slack notifications.
- Ability to run a large amount of tests simultaneously.
- Revision option (to track changes).
- Shared environment for tests.
What needs improvement?
- Ability to create code which runs before and after API tests.
- The area of "initial script" is relatively small and incomplete related to code editors.
- There are no regular features and validations for editor.
- If triggering test bucket via trigger API, there is no option to see if the tests which were triggered passed or failed.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
During the using period, we experienced several downtimes.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
There are not many options for scalability.
How is customer service and technical support?
The support is very good. They answering quickly and effectively.
Which solutions did we use previously?
We were using editors to create scripts and run them locally. This was unstable, not shareable, or a uniform solution. We were not able to run big amount of tests simultaneously and receive notifications.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup was pretty straightforward. The work is in the cloud, you have to set integration options and libraries, if needed, then start to work.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The price for the product is very reasonable for a team of more than four to five members.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We did evaluate other solutions before choosing Runscope.
What other advice do I have?
It is a relatively reliable tool for running big amounts of API tests, which you can schedule to run periodically, as the product is very good.
Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor.
Jun 06 2018