CA Runscope Review

Environment initial variables allow our team to run tests against multiple environments on the fly

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for REST API automation.

How has it helped my organization?

Runscope allows our QA team to spend less time on our API smoke test during releases.

What is most valuable?

Environment initial variables: These allow our team to run tests against multiple environments on the fly.

We utilize modular tests based on environment variables. These have saved QA a lot of time when setting up our back-end automation.

What needs improvement?

One area that I seem to forget adjusting when creating new tests is setting the default environment within test settings. If you forget to set the default environment during test creation, you have to go through every test and make sure that it is set to the environment that you prefer if using shared environments. If there was an option to force all tests within a bucket into a specific environment with one click, this would save a lot of time.

Stability has been fantastic.

Not so far.

Technical support has been amazing. I have reached out with chat many times, and I have received help immediately every time.

We did not previously use another solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. Now that I have more experience with REST API automation, anything that I ran into during setup was due to my lack of knowledge at the time.

Runscope pricing is unbeatable.

I did not evaluate another solution. I had a lot of recommendations that Runscope was the tool to use.

What other advice do I have?

Runscope is the best option for REST API automation.