CA Runscope Review

Enabled us to set up automatic regression tests that cover everything we need to monitor

What is our primary use case?

Initial method testing and regression testing.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to set up regression tests that cover everything we need to monitor. We then set them to run automatically and forget about them. We are notified whether they pass/fail, and have been able to catch issues quickly when changes were made to our methods.

What is most valuable?

• Being able to add tests as sub-tests in a parent test for regression testing
  • Notifications for tests that pass/fail
  • Being able to customize expected results with assertions
  • Being able to set tests to run daily
  • The intuitive user interface that makes it easy to set up everything without a programming background

What needs improvement?

We would like to be able to select the actual time a test will run automatically. It appears that you can set up the automatic schedule, but the test runs based on the last time it ran and not a time you select. Since we want these tests to run in the middle of the night, it would be nice to be able to select that.

Also, it would be nice to be able to generate API documentation.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Technical support is fantastic.

We used Postman. Runscope makes it much easier for those without a programming background to accomplish API testing.

I found setup to be pretty straightforward and anything that gave me trouble was solved by looking at the Runscope documentation.

Pricing is fair.

What other advice do I have?

It's really easy to use and the documentation is extremely helpful if you get stuck on something. The product is flexible and allows you to set up variables and assertions in order to customize tests for your needs.