CA Service Desk Manager Review

It's helped us integrate parts of our organization with features such as conflict resolution and incident management. However, I'm eager to see the mobile app coming with v14.

Valuable Features

• Incident management
  • Problem management
  • Exchange management
  • Conflict resolution management, defining two configurations items across the board

Improvements to My Organization

I think maybe the biggest improvement has been in the integration parts of our organization. Though it's an easy solution to use, I find colleagues talking about CMDB parts. Sometimes I feel that maybe there must be a way to improve it where it's kind of simplified in a way where it's more usable. I think sometimes it's too much for someone to use, or someone gets lost, or someone complains about having too many things in there. It's not easy to manage, not user friendly, and maybe not easy to use.

So, when you get down to it, you have to see the details in the ways in which it's used. Maybe they have to work out the interface in a way that is more usable based on whatever you're trying to see.

Room for Improvement

I know that there is a mobile application version coming with version 14, though I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully it's going to really improve the mobility. It's one of the things that I would love to have. It would help those inside be able to change the way that they are doing business. I haven't seen it, but I would love to see it.

Use of Solution

We use the ITN model, and we're about to upgrade to version 14.

Perfect. One of the most stable solutions ever.

No, we have our own developments.

I'm managing the project, but I'm not integrating the technical part of it. I used to work in the front technical team for the center and the old versions, but nowadays I'm just managing the project as manager.

Implementation Team

Implementation wasn't complex. You just have to know what you're doing, maybe you have your process set to where you know where things are, if it's clear enough where technically there's no issues. It's just the way that you want to configure it.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

For a service desk, maybe look at other options due to the cost. It will happen someday probably because of the cost. Now ServiceNow is coming along and wiping out everything.

Perhaps the cloud will bring down the cost. If somebody has an alternative with a cloud-based solution, that would bring down the cost.