CA Service Desk Manager Review

It's easy to look up tickets, requiring less clicks compared to CSM, but it seems to crash often on our servers and I'm not sure why.

Valuable Features

For me, personally, the ease of interface is the most valuable feature. It's easy to look up tickets, requiring less clicks compared to CSM. The functionality is more robust than CSM.

Improvements to My Organization

It wasn't really rolled out to the organization, it was more of an IT tool, because we didn't fully utilize the tool, as we expected to do work in a mature state within the organization.

Room for Improvement

SDM could be improved. I don't know if it was in the infrastructure where it crashed a lot, or if it was with the tool. I think maybe I got used to it and then it sort of wasn't an issue anymore.

No issues with deployment.

I noticed more crashing for some strange reason, being that it's on our on servers and we don't know why.

I think the issue, though, goes back to if you use the full functionality of SDM. So, we were on it for two years and we moved it over to the cloud. There were probably a lot of factors why we couldn't optimize SDM to its potential. It’s more of an organizational type of factor.

I wasn't involved in the SDM portion of support tickets, so I can't say.

I wasn't involved in the setup.

Other Advice

Seeing all the demos at CA World, it has a lot of potential, that we, again, did not make use of. So, it's like, oh, it could do that, really? From what I saw with the demos is that there are a lot of functionalities out there. For example, the new 14.1 version seems to scale more with customers. So, if you're looking for more customer-facing input, I would say that it would probably do it.