CA Service Desk Manager Review

I can integrate process management, release, and change into our programs. The initial setup and integration was complex.

Valuable Features:

For me, the best feature is the powerful tool to integrate all processes for IT to monitor. I can integrate process management, release, and change into our programs.

Improvements to My Organization:

It’s in a language that everyone in the business can understand. It uses not only depictions but also symbolic language, as opposed to language that only IT personnel can understand.

Room for Improvement:

It has some stability issues, and it can be complex to implement. The last implementation took us about two years to complete.

Stability Issues:

The main problem is the one-point failure, where if one part of the application fails, the application as a whole fails. We need a bigger solution for our tree environment with two servers on which we run 15 services and for which we need service management.

Scalability Issues:

It's scalable, but we try to control the number of users with licenses, which right now stands at 900.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup and integration was very complex. At the moment, we have an upgrade that is going to take eight months.

Other Solutions Considered:

I don't know as I wasn't involved in the decision process.