CA Service Desk Manager Review

It's been helpful for us when we've had to make a lot of bulk changes, bulk uploads, and import/exports of data. But when we want to customize something, we can't do it easily and it's not intuitive.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features for me are the scalability of it, its ability to bring in everyone at one time, and all the data-related functionalities. It works with products that were not easy to pull in, whether it be the CIs or contact data. So that's really been helpful when we've had to make a lot of bulk changes, bulk uploads, and import/exports of data.

Room for Improvement

Customizing it is very, very difficult to do. Although I know we're supposed to stay away from the code, we've got a lot of things internally where we can't revamp the processes and we'd rather use the tool than have to create customized things. But when we want to customize something, we can't do it easily and it's not very intuitive.

I'd also like to see a Quick Request function.

It deploys just fine.

It's got a lot of weird, inconsistent behavior.

It's scaled to our needs.

I've used technical support quite often. To rate it, I have to break it down. As far as responsiveness goes, 7/10. Overall knowledgeability of the product, there have been some cases where it's taken three or four weeks for us to get a test fix out. There is no internal support with extraction there; so that one is none. I've had maybe our cases with extraction, and technical support has always had to play the middleman, and then wait until another person is available for assistance. So overall knowledgeability has some work to be done.