CA Service Desk Manager Review

The integration with our monitoring products and other solutions is key for us.

Video Review:

Valuable Features:

I would say the integration to our monitoring products and to other products that we use, that's really key for us. Ease of use, it’s very easy to train. We don't have any issues with people getting in or having access problems. That's been the greatest part - it's easy to administer. Our stability has been really great. We are currently in the process of upgrading to a newer version. We have not run into any issues. We've had a great work with CA.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see probably not so many individual modules where it kind of wraps it all together. I would like to see like asset management be part of Service Desk so that I don't have to keep buying more modules, I can have everything in one.

Integration is probably one of the biggest for us. We want it to be able to integrate with everything we use so we don't have to rip and replace everything.

Stability Issues:

I would say it’s pretty good. Like I said all the integration and stuff like that really gives us the ability to scale it to whatever we need. The CA technical support has been amazing. We have had really good luck with every issue that we run into, has been resolved within probably three days. Communication has been amazing. It’s definitely top notch.

Previous Solutions:

We were on a very old version of Remedy, lots of issues. Moving to CA was a pretty easy choice, cost and everything came into play. CA was definitely the right choice for us.

Other Solutions Considered:

It’s the integration between all the different tools we currently use. Really ServiceNow was the only other. There was a lot of things that CA could do over ServiceNow that we liked.

Other Advice:

I would probably rate it a nine and mainly just because the fact that I would like to see more modules included in service desk. Again I keep going back to integration.

Really look at everything you use and how you can integrate those together, really evaluating that and how easy it is because everybody will tell you they can integrate and for the right amount of money, everybody can. You really want the ease of integration. We were already using Spectrum. It was an easy option there because of the fact the integration was so easy. The integration with X matters that we were already using made sense. It’s very simple and easy to do those integrations compared to having to build new APIs and stuff in order to have those integration.

1 Comment
President at a software R&D companyReal User

Geoff - you've used quite a few ITSM tools, what would you say are the top 3 things CA SDM can do vs. ServiceNow?

08 March 16