CA Service Desk Manager Review

The most valuable features for us are the ability to calculate service levels for different time periods as well as the ability to store and archive contracts.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features for us was the ability to calculate service levels for different time periods as well as the ability to store and archive contracts. BSI has templates for calculating key services levels as well as the capability to allowing coding for more complicated, unique measurements. Data for key metrics in individual contracts can be used to creat

Improvements to My Organization

It's given us the ability to allow for automation of service-level reporting.

Room for Improvement

It needs better report-generation features and allow for different types of data.

Use of Solution

I've used it for six years.

There have been no issues with deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues with the scalability.

Technical support is excellent. I give them a 9/10.

The initial setup was straightforward and was done by a third-party installer. I'd recommend using the three-tier solution rather than the two-tier solution for installation.

Implementation Team

The implementation was done with a combination of in-house and vendor reams. Be sure that your hardware and storage capabilities are adequate prior to doing so.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Licensing costs can be high as they're based on the number of service-level metrics rather than by user. For a large number of users, try to get the enterprise license rather than individual licenses for each metric.

Other Advice

Plan what information is needed for reporting before entering contracts and metrics for calculation. Have a visual basic developer on your team to script business logics used for metric calculations.