Clarity SM Review

We use it for incident, knowledge, and configuration management. The reporting ability of the tool needs to improve drastically.

What is most valuable?

We use it for incident, problem, release, change, knowledge, and configuration management.

How has it helped my organization?

With its scalability and ability to connect with various systems, we have been able to exchange data with several systems automatically.

What needs improvement?

The UI is old school with a lot of windows opening and slowing down the process of ticket creation by the end users. The reporting ability of the tool needs to improve drastically. Currently, the solution is provided with Business Objects (BO) and is too slow to use for every day reporting.

I have used this solution for 18 years.

Once in a while, the processes crash and we are yet to find a root cause for it. The product is very sensitive to small network outages (even for 1-2 seconds).

There were no scalability issues.

The technical support is provided, but it is often too slow. Hence, it requires us to implement a workaround, since the fix has a long way to travel. It often depends on the person who picks up the issue on the other end.

The initial setup is tricky. There are a lot of things to keep in mind, especially when everything is moving to the cloud or is virtual. Scalability becomes a challenge if we use the wrong resources.

There is always a challenge with the cloud solutions, such as ServiceNow. But the level of customization that we can do with the tool is normally not possible with the other tools in the market. The UI should be more intuitive.

What other advice do I have?

The needs an improvement with its UI which looks old school. The product also is quite complex to implement. However the framework it uses is quite scalable and the product can be customized a lot.

More Clarity SM reviews from users