CA Service Desk Manager Review

The flexible envelope provides many ways to customize it.

What is most valuable?

The flexible envelope provides an infinite number of ways to customize it.

How has it helped my organization?

I can easily say that SDM is the core of our organization. We have integrated a lot of related systems, implemented contract management logic, and some HR functions, such as vacation planning routines.

What needs improvement?

Rebuilding the visual interface in the same style using modern web technologies can extend the usability of the system for up to 10 years.

I’ve personally used CA Service Desk since 2013.

We did have some stability issues, but with some fine-tuning, supported by CA support and the CA community, we resolved them.

We did have some scalability issues, but with fine-tuning, supported by CA support and the CA community, we resolved them.

Our current version is not within the scope of technical support.

The initial setup was performed by our integrator.

What other advice do I have?

The system covers all of our enterprise needs. However, in order to adapt it to your business needs, you will need to have an experienced staff. Familiarize it with your enterprise and with Service Desk's undocumented methods and routines, such as SPEL, WAND, and overall daemon logic.