CA Service Desk Manager Review

They have a lot of features that you can customize to your organization

What is our primary use case?

The main purpose is for service desk use. It is a repository of information.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps when you have an incident or performing a problem change management process. You can view what all the relationships are between the CI that you are changing or using. It helps the engineers to better understand what they are facing.

What is most valuable?

It has all our configurations. All our infrastructure configurations are on a single pane of glass to view, allowing for one single point of information.

What needs improvement?

• We would like more information about all the configurations that we have on our infrastructure side.
  • The interface for the users is a bit old-fashioned and not user-friendly.
  • We would like the CMDB to be populated automatically. At the moment, everything is manually created.

More than five years.

It's very stable. I don't have any problems regarding to it.

There are no issues with the scalability. It is fully supported.

All support for CA products is quite good. It is not the best support, but all our problems have been solved.

I was not involved. It was already implemented when I joined the company. It was migrated from another company, and I understand the migration process was not difficult nor complex.

What other advice do I have?

It is quite a good product, and it's stable. They have a lot of features that you can customize to your organization.

Everything should be automated, because if you are trusting on users to create their information, it will be not the truth on the moment.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Stability of the vendor
  • Support
  • How the vendor is positioned in the market.