CA Service Virtualization Review

We were looking for a way to quickly spin up training environments and reduced the time for each CI cycle.

Valuable Features

Quick setup of virtual services

Creation of virtual services by simply providing XML request/response pairs

Improvements to My Organization

We have used service virtualization to quickly spin up training environments. Recently, our dev teams have started using service virtualization to improve the times of the Continuous Integration Testing (CI). Using service virtualization has reduced the time for each CI cycle from 4 - 5 hours to under 1 hour. This allows many more CI cycles to be executed per day and per sprint allowing quicker time to finding bugs, as well as faster times to promotion of builds to the test environments.

Room for Improvement

VSEasy is a nice feature but it needs to have some catches added to it to keep from inadvertently overwriting someone else's virtual service.

Use of Solution

3+ years

No issues with deployment.

No issues with stability.

There was a memory leak in LISA 7.0.3 that would eventually require the rebooting of the memory to free back up the available memory. I have not yet been able to test DevTest 8.01 at that level to see if the memory leak still exists.

CA Support has been great for me!

Very good!