CA Service Virtualization Review

Valuable Features

Service visualization for almost all types of protocols. Version 7.5.1 has many improved features compared to version 6.5 which we were previously using.

Improvements to My Organization

Has lead to cost savings and helped improve the project life cycle. Teams are more streamlined and helpful not only for testers but even for developers.

Room for Improvement

It's not really meant for Services Testing and reporting functionality from the CA SV console - it's a very basic one. I'd like to see improvements in these two areas.

Use of Solution

6 Months

I have not experienced any deployment issues. The deployment process is really simple and straight forward. It certainly has improved in the latest version.

Not really, sometimes we face minor issues with the registry server but that is more of an environment issue. Other than that we didn't encounter any issues with stability.

Right now we're only using it for pre-production, so we haven't yet seen how it scales if we use it for production volumes.

I'm very satisfied with the tool CA has produced and the level of support they provide. I'm only a bit disappointed with the knowledge repository.

8 out of 10. Most of the issues I raised with CA support were addressed within 24 hours. Also, CA actively follows up on the open issues - I've found this to be very good.

I used SOAP UI briefly. I switched to CA SV as it has more advanced features, supports almost all types of services and moreover has better support.

I'm not aware of any issues we faced during the implementation. We have a separate environments team which did the setup for us.

Implementation Team

We implemented through an in-house team working with the parent company. However, our environment support team actively monitors all the servers.

ROI

It really depends on various factors like the type of project and timeline of the project. Definitely ROI is a lot better then earlier projects when we didn't use virtual services.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Initial setup was done by the parent company and we are just using licenses and servers provided by the parent company.

Other Solutions Considered

We analyzed the tools on the market including: HP, IBM Green Hat and CA SV. Each product has its own merits but we found that CA SV is more mature and matches our requirements best so we selected it for our service virtualization needs.

Other Advice

Very easy to learn and implement. Doesn't require extensive technical knowledge. Use virtual services instead of stubbed data.

1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

Kumar Gaurav JainReal UserTOP 5POPULAR

Indeed, its really good tool. Download DevTest 8.0.2 latest code drop from CA which far better features than anyother tool even earlier versions of CA LISA tool family.

04 July 15