CA Service Virtualization Review

The ability to simulate and virtualize components that we don’t currently have is invaluable.

What is most valuable?

It gives us the ability to simulate and virtualize components that we don’t currently have. This is invaluable.

How has it helped my organization?

At the moment, we are still rolling out elements of the product. But we can already see that it gives us capabilities we haven’t had before, and we are very happy with it.

What needs improvement?

We had a complex initial setup in our environment, but CA helped us with it.

We have no issues deploying it.

So far, it has stood up really well; no issues at all with stability.

We have not gone down the scalability path yet, but hopefully next year we will when it becomes relevant.

The technical support team is very smart. We had a CA architect come to us to help jump start the operation. We were pleased because he learned our business and helped us get the solution off the ground.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because there was a gap in our testing which we needed to fill in.

Getting it working in our particular environment was complex.

We looked at HPE, but ultimately we chose CA because they were able to meet our challenges. My biggest point was to prove it in our environment. CA stepped up and did a proof of concept. It took six months and we gave them the biggest challenge and they figured it out.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to look at the solution in detail, as it can fill a big gap in your testing. It, of course, does require tech knowledge to work, but for what it delivers, it’s worth it.