CA Service Virtualization Review

It's given our organization a common deliverable and common strategies amongst various products. The user interface and usability of the tool could definitely be improved upon in the next release.

Valuable Features

It's got a standardized format for endpoints as well as containerized, virtualized endpoints that are used by everyone on our team. We can spin up these endpoints if necessary.

Improvements to My Organization

We're still working with it, but it's given us a common deliverable. The overall testing strategy allows us to have more common strategies amongst various products.

Room for Improvement

The user interface and usability of the tool is not the best. They could definitely be improved upon in the next release.

Also, we are hamstrung by different releases and are not using all of the features, but it is useful.

It’s not stable as of yet, as it needs a lot of infrastructure.

We haven't done so yet, but we're hoping it will be scalable.

We interact with an internal department that works between CA and ourselves. They have all of the info we need.

I think we were just using many different tools to achieve the same thing. We needed one tool to do it all, and this fit the bill.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Implementation Team

You should make an overall testing plan, otherwise it’s difficult to implement quickly.

Other Advice

I’d compare it to open-source solutions that already exists. Consider your organization before diving deep. For us, we are building up our maturity, and this solution is built to a higher standard.