CA Service Virtualization Review

QA can start automating from the beginning and developers can do unit testing faster. Integration with Selenium and GUI testing needs improvement.

Valuable Features

• MQ virtualisation
  • Web service virtualisation

Improvements to My Organization

Time-to-market has been a lot easier and quicker. QA can start automating from the beginning and developers can do unit testing faster. Third-party integration is not required so you save money by virtualizing third-party services.

Room for Improvement

Integration with Selenium and GUI testing needs improvement. Supporting more new technologies and existing technologies such as Flex, Salesforce, etc. would also be nice.

Use of Solution

I've used it for five years.

There were problems where it doesn't support the technology. We have to write custom functions ourselves. This means our licensing cost is more higher and makes it harder to sell our products to small vendors.

There were no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling the solution.

Customer service is good.

Technical support is good.

I have worked with SoapUI Pro, HP ServiceTest (now UFT), IBM RIT, etc. This product was taken by a customer and it was one of the best products for virtualization.

It takes some time, but after one or two tries it becomes easy.

Implementation Team

We used a vendor team who performed nice work. If they supported new technologies it would be better as it's expensive.

ROI

Over about a year, we have saved over half a million for our customer.

Other Advice

It's a good product for virtualization, but the price is high although we won’t regret it for this product.