CA Service Virtualization Review

The most valuable feature, and really SV's main feature, is the versatility of available protocols that cover a very large number of cases. I wish the product had a built-in help function.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

The product has not been used often by my company but rather by one of our customers. The customer has large dimensions and the product has been used both to compensate for the lack of components (one paid for the use or were not developed) and for performance tests. Its introduction, if maintained over time, should guarantee a huge time saver.

Room for Improvement

I wish the product had a built-in help function.

Use of Solution

We've been using this solution since March of 2014, so about a year-and-a-half.

We did not encounter any major problems with deployment.

We did not encounter any major problems with stability.

We did not encounter any major problems with scaling it.

Customer service in Italian is not very useful. I found the forums on the support site of CA to be much more useful.

The forums provide us better technical support that CA's support here in Italy.

I had never used a solution for service virtualization prior to this. We chose this solution because of our partnership with CA.

The server-side configuration and the start of activities at our customer required the intervention of expert staff of CA because we did not have the necessary experience. I am of the opinion that it is better to follow the advice of experts where things are not specified in a simple manual.

Implementation Team

It was done through a vendor team.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I have not edited the offer made to our customer. Being a major customer, I know that CA has created a type of license tailored to their business.

Other Advice

Read the manuals and practice a lot.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a gold partner of CA.