CA Service Virtualization Review

It provides product validation flexibility in the SOA space.

What is most valuable?

Web service virtualization solution: It’s cost effective over a period of time and provides flexibility in product validation in the SOA space.

How has it helped my organization?

Specifically, service virtualization has reduced infrastructure costs by close to 40%. It helps in early problem detection and early fix, leading to early product release.

What needs improvement?

It would be great to have improved logging for trace requests and responses at the virtualized service level. The existing feature needs improving.

I have used this solution for nearly four years.

I have noticed performance issues such as the virtual server requires a restart after using it for a certain amount of time, to make sure it responds better.

Technical support is 8/10.

I had only used SoapUI before. LISA has better built-in capabilities that reduce the need for scripting/coding. Also, modeling is appealing and easily understandable.

Initial setup for service testing was easy, but setup of virtualization server was bit complex and needed help from an expert.

We built it in house. It was bit complex in the beginning but we gradually understood the setup better and are comfortable with it now.

My personal feeling is that the licensing cost keeps smaller organisations away due to affordability, but bigger organisations can afford it easily. However, an important point is that over time, there is a good ROI, given that tool is integrated well for virtualization of provider systems.

What other advice do I have?

My personal opinion is that the tool is really good as a service virtualization solution rather than a service testing tool.