CA Service Virtualization Review

We can create end-to-end services without actual hardware. I hope to see improvements so that I don't need to depend upon a single instance of the server.

What is most valuable?

Service virtualization is the most valuable feature because we can create end-to-end services without actual hardware, so that saves a lot of cost and money.

How has it helped my organization?

We do application performance management or testing, where we have two options: Either we have to build an infrastructure end-to-end or we have to use the service virtualization capability that can mimic the actual endpoints, which makes it much easier for testing.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement. Microservices are coming, and I don't know how microservices are going to be virtualized.

They still have a long way to go because service virtualization is a new area and there is a lot happening in this world. They have to keep building on their product and services for us to get it in the future. They have to adapt in more areas.

They already know what we are looking for. We asked them to support the MASL. They worked it out and then they provided us support. Other areas they can improve on are the scalability, failover capabilities, so that you don't have to depend upon a single instance of the server.

Stability’s pretty good so far. We have been using it for the last three years, so it's pretty good.

Stability’s one area that needs work; it's good, but the challenge is that scaling at a very high level is slightly problematic at this point in time. It meets our requirements so far, but I think they need to improve it.

Technical support are very proactive; we have very good support.

We did not previously use a different solution. We had a homegrown solution, and that was easy and cheaper, but the problem was maintaining that homegrown solution over a long period of time. It was quite an investment, so buying this product made sense.

When selecting a vendor, we look equally at the process and technology aspects, from end to end; what are the services they can provide.

My team did the initial setup, and it's pretty straightforward.

I don't want to disclose which vendors were on the short list, but there were a couple of vendors, and we found out that those products were not mature enough.