CA Service Virtualization Review

There are fewer constraints through the SDLC cycle. It expedites the test time.

What is most valuable?

Service virtualization is the most valuable feature for us because there are fewer constraints through the SDLC cycle. It really helped us to remove bottlenecks and expedite the test time.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps with parallel testing. With all the development happening, the sub-systems are not available completely. By virtualizing those systems and services, we are able to deliver our product quickly.

What needs improvement?

The one main thing we want to see is more on the reporting side. That's the one thing that we're missing. We need more detailed reporting. In particular with some of the integration, we want to see more detailed reports so that we can drill down to more scenarios.

So far, with the last few projects, it is quite stable.

The scalability is good. We are still new with it, but in terms of scalability, it is working right as it's supposed to.

We have used technical support. There were really good. I would give them a 10/10 rating as they really helped us be our best.

We got introduced to the CA sales people via our other company. The vendor came in to introduce the product. After looking at it, we found that it fit to our needs. We were struggling with a lot of gaps in our SDLC and so we decided to do a PoC, and it worked out.

For us, the most important factor while selecting a vendor was the continued customer support. CA was able to give us the professional environment and continued support.

I was a part of the setup. However, I have the other group who carried out the process. It was quite straightforward because I was with them at the time.

We did not look at other vendors. CA happened to be the first one.

What other advice do I have?

We are using this program, so I would try to use it the same way, This is not to advertise, but educate others. If you see any constraint in your testing or deployment, this solution can really help you in moving forward