CA Service Virtualization Review

We have created a training environment that allows our agents to work on the latest software changes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to virtualize almost any web service which allows us to perform testing and speed up our development.

How has it helped my organization?

It’s helped us in a number of ways. In addition to helping with testing and development, it has also allowed us to create a training environment that allows our agents to work on the latest changes to our software almost instantly.

What needs improvement?

My fallback would be scalability.

Oddly, when my capacity folks pull stats memory and CPU both show within normal limits. My users, app administrator, however, see degradation during peak periods.

We're working with our capacity management engineers and our CA SV specialist to analyze the performance stats and recommend a temporary solutions. I'm planning to upgrade to v10 in 2017, so I'm going to insure we have h/w that supports current needs and v10 +24 months.

The solution is very stable. We have not had any issues.

Scalability is the reason I rated it as 8/10. We’re going through some challenges with scalability right now. CA is helping us to get through that.

I have used technical support and they are generally very, very good. Sometimes it takes a while to get through the queue to get to the right person, but that’s just because they’re very busy.

We were not using another solution. We were doing manual stubbing. Developers were creating their own mini-virtualizations and this tool has helped us create them.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely recommend going down the path of service virtualization. The payback is almost immediate.

When selecting a vendor, I look for reliability, honesty, and price. I don't look for the cheapest, but I look for the best value. What are they offering? What does it cost to get that? Can I get a return on investment from it?