CA Service Virtualization Review

Developers are free to develop without waiting for others.

What is most valuable?

For us, the most valuable feature is that it gives us the ability to virtualize a lot of our integrated systems. That’s valuable because we have difficulty trying to coordinate all those different systems in terms of scheduling, timing, refreshing of data, and that type of things. It gives the developers freedom to develop without needing to wait for others; so it eliminates bottlenecks for us.

How has it helped my organization?

We were having a lot of bottlenecks in our development process. Developers were waiting around for somebody else to finish and that helped alleviate that.

What needs improvement?

I don't think we've gotten enough experience with this version to talk about what should be in the next version.

It could be easier to setup and to deploy.

We have just started with the product. We're probably about six months in.

We haven’t noticed any stability issues.

Technical support was responsive. They did a good job.

The initial setup was straightforward. It required training, but it was straightforward after the training. The training helped get us off the ground.

We did not have a solution before. We went with CA Service Virtualization because of their ability to have a long-term customer relationship, and the ability to work with us to get the product off the ground.

What other advice do I have?

Get your business partners on board. Do an ROI analysis where you can actually have concrete use cases to sell the value of the product.