CA Service Virtualization Review

We carry out testing on the back-end, and create mocking and stopping for service virtualization.

What is most valuable?

The keys feature of this product are:

• Workstation, where we can perform web service virtualization. That is primarily our focus, to enable the development and testing team.
  • We are creating mocking and stopping for service virtualization.
  • We are moving shift-left, meaning to carry out testing on the back-end which is not available. That's the main feature for this product.

How has it helped my organization?

My organization is looking at CA Agile, where this solution is available for the development and testing teams to enable their testing and provide a bug-free code.

What needs improvement?

We want to see more automation; an automated way of creating service virtualization without using the tool. That's the feature that we would like to see in the next release.

It is stable. We are using it in the Windows environment, so most of the time it's stable.

The product is scalable.

I would give the technical support a 50-50 rating, the reason being, for some of the custom solutions we have to depend on the tool. Thus, we have to enable and engage them for that implementation.

We didn’t have a previous solution for service virtualization. This is our first solution; we directly implemented it.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others who are looking for a similar solution to go for this product.

The main criteria while selecting a vendor is being a market leader who is number one in providing a solution for the problems/issues, which we are currently facing. That's the reason why we chose CA as they are market leaders for the product.

The product is good but there is some improvement required such as an automated way for creating those features which we are awaiting in the next release.