CA Service Virtualization Review

The web service harness is valuable. Enables us to stub services we rely on.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the web service harness and the service virtualization.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to enact a 'shift left' in our testing. In addition, I built an automated regression test pack for our teams. Thanks to CA Service Virtualization, we have new functionality (the ability to stub services we rely on) and we can test our own APIs in an efficient manner.

What needs improvement?

The GUI can be hard to navigate. The ITR keeps pulling the screen to the front. The speed can be improved as well.

We have been using this solution for close to two years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Technical support was provided from our work team. It was sufficient, but the response time was slow.

Initially, we used scripts, JCL, and CICS transactions. CA Service Virtualization has simplified and enhanced this process.

The setup was straightforward. The development of the harnesses was more challenging.

Before buying the license, make sure that you try the product and are happy that it can provide the service testing capabilities that you require. Have people in your team who can invest the time to gain skills in CA Service Virtualization.

Our team did evaluate other products, such as SoapUI and Topaz.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you understand the potential of the solution and that it will take time to make it work.