CA Service Virtualization Review

Descriptions of the components pop up when the mouse hovers over them.

What is most valuable?

• The description of the components that pop up when the mouse hovers over them

How has it helped my organization?

It helped in simulating the environment for testing for a very tedious project, which otherwise would have involved lot of manhours to test.

What needs improvement?

The REST test step could include other methods. The currently available ones are: PUT, POST, GET and DELETE. It would be great if the DELETE method could have the Content tab enabled so the request payload can be sent.

I have been using this product for 1.5 years.

We have not had stability issues.

We haven’t had much issues with scalability, but when I did once, the support team was very helpful in resolving the issue.

I rate technical support 4/5.

I have used LISA version 7.5, DevTest Solutions version 8.1 and am currently using DevTest 9.1. The tool always had some additional features included in each of its releases and it fixed the bugs of the previous release. That made migrating to the newer version more exciting.

Setup was straightforward. The instructions in the specification document were crisp and clear.

I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

It a great tool for simulating the service.