CA Service Virtualization Review

Enables us to virtualize assets, move development forward and not wait for those services

Video Review:

How has it helped my organization?

To give you an example, we have had developers produce code later than we wanted to, but we've had some other stuff that was dependent on that. So what we were able to do was virtualize these assets and then go forward with our developer and not have to wait for these additional services to be available.

What is most valuable?

We have been using it extensively for the shift left process and testing. It helps us to accelerate and virtualize services and assets that we don't have. It enables to test faster.

What needs improvement?

From a reporting perspective I think we would like to have a more user-friendly approach. I think that's primarily where we would like to see some improvement. Otherwise we are pretty happy with what we have.

It has been very stable for us. We have been pretty happy with its use.

We are able to quickly scale our requests. We have tested across thousands of requests. We have had no problems so far.

Technical support has been excellent for this product. CA has always been available for us when we had questions and they have helped resolve any issues that we have had quickly, and in a very efficient manner.

We didn't have a solution beforehand. Essentially, we had to wait for developers to give us the code. What this helped us to do is get over that bottleneck and not wait for assets to be available. We were able to quickly go out and have the testing or automation team build out a solution beforehand, based on the contract, and then go forward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it pretty highly. It would be close to 10 out of 10 for how it helped solve our needs.