CA Spectrum Review
You can find exactly where the bottlenecks lie, but decommissioned servers show up in the availability and outage reports.

Valuable Features

Availability and outages reporting is valuable.

Improvements to My Organization

It gives an depth report of availability and outages, and by using it you can further analyze and find exactly where the bottlenecks lie.

Room for Improvement

A lot. Decommissioned servers availability and outages keep showing and that is annoying because it's ultimately contributing to the final availability (actual) which it should not.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two and a half years.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

I've never had to use it.

I've never had to use it.

I didn't use a previous solution.

It's a bit complex.

ROI

55%-75%.

Other Solutions Considered

No other options were evaluated.

Other Advice

It's not the best product for availability and outages reporting.

1 Comment

Lakshmi Narayanan Balasubramanian (Shriram)Vendor

Hi Aditya,

Greetings. Thanks for your feedback. Just went though your annoying part and wish to share some words on it.

Actually, Spectrum reporting database is not live data. It pulls the data from statistical database which is DDM-db and there is a live sync when it comes for SRMdb.

We don't flush the model from SRM whenever we delete a device as that counts in reporting , if a device goes missing (deleted from Spectrum) we flush the events data of that particular device. If you have reporting data for that device,when you find it's missing - you can atleast know till when the device existed in your application. In this part, it will be helpful though.

Just a thought :)