DX Spectrum Review

You can find exactly where the bottlenecks lie, but decommissioned servers show up in the availability and outage reports.

What is most valuable?

Availability and outages reporting is valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives an depth report of availability and outages, and by using it you can further analyze and find exactly where the bottlenecks lie.

What needs improvement?

A lot. Decommissioned servers availability and outages keep showing and that is annoying because it's ultimately contributing to the final availability (actual) which it should not.

I've used it for two and a half years.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

I've never had to use it.

I've never had to use it.

I didn't use a previous solution.

It's a bit complex.

55%-75%.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

It's not the best product for availability and outages reporting.

More DX Spectrum reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds NPM
1 Comment

author avatarit_user306336 (Spectrum consultant at a tech company with 10,001+ employees)

Hi Aditya,

Greetings. Thanks for your feedback. Just went though your annoying part and wish to share some words on it.

Actually, Spectrum reporting database is not live data. It pulls the data from statistical database which is DDM-db and there is a live sync when it comes for SRMdb.

We don't flush the model from SRM whenever we delete a device as that counts in reporting , if a device goes missing (deleted from Spectrum) we flush the events data of that particular device. If you have reporting data for that device,when you find it's missing - you can atleast know till when the device existed in your application. In this part, it will be helpful though.

Just a thought :)