CA Spectrum Review

Its integrated automated fault management and fault isolation features helped us reduce MTTR.

Valuable Features

• Auto discovery helps us reduce manual efforts. CA Spectrum automatically discovers all network Cis, including LANs, WANs and all the connected assets and creates the actual topology view.
  • Network configuration manager (NCM) help us configure capture. It helps detect unauthorized changes and delivers immediate notification.
  • Root-case analysis (RCA) helps us correlate the symptoms and probable causes for the events. It helps the MTTR and save engineers’ efforts.

Improvements to My Organization

CA Spectrum helps our organization improve network service levels. With the help of Spectrum’s integrated automated fault management & fault isolation features, it helped us reduce MTTR by 50% and costs as well.

Room for Improvement

Reporting & network bandwidth monitoring features needs to be improved. When we generate the outage report, the alarm title does not appear correctly in the reports. Also, sometimes events are not synchronized and are missing from the reports.

Spectrum needs to include historical reports for network LAN/WAN performance utilization and bandwidth utilization.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for eight years.

I did not encounter any deployment issues.

I did not encounter any stability issues. Spectrum has built-in fault tolerance options that helps us build a high-availability setup.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer service is 10/10.

Technical support is 10/10.

We previously used lots of tools, such as PRTG and IBM Tivoli. CA Spectrum helped our organization automate fault management across multi-vendor and multi-technology infrastructure. Spectrum integration with service desk helped us reduce manual effort.

It was very easy to set up, install and configure Spectrum.

Implementation Team

An in-house team implemented it.

ROI

Our ROI is 100%.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's a very cost-effective tool. It is a device-based license.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated SolarWinds, NPM & Nagios before choosing this product.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company has a global alliance with CA.
1 Comment
Orlee GillisConsultant

Shahzada, it's great to see that your ROI from the solution is a solid 100%. When reading the experience described by Frank Tonjes, can you relate to his feedback about the ROI they've seen in their company?

See the review here --