CA Spectrum Review

Automates inputs and outputs of a closed system. Provides critical data about our infrastructure performance.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features of this tool are its scalability and ability to automate inputs and outputs of a closed system.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides critical data to our network engineers about performance of our infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

I’d like to see better access to data elements via the API as well as better elements for the UIs. The UIs are somewhat inflexible and we'd like to see that improve.

The tool is very stable.

The tool scales very well.

I have used technical support and I would give them a rating of 3 out of 5.

We were using another CA product. We had to integrate that system with other systems, but it lacked the API. We decided to upgrade to APM for that reason.

I was involved in the setup and it was straightforward.

The alternatives that we considered besides CA were EMC, SevOne, and a variety of other products.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, I look for stability, the ability to meet our needs, and the ability for their products to integrate with other products that we use.

If you are looking for a product, make sure that the solution you chose integrates well with your other systems.