CA Spectrum Review

Detects minor, major and warning alarms by showing different colors.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the detection of minor, major and warning alarms, showing through different colors. Spectrum is not SOI, but it gave the possibility of putting a view, a dashboard, showing servers that were part of a VMware server architecture.

How has it helped my organization?

The response detection of an incident was very low, that is, I could work more efficiently and effectively in my incident management. Many times, the customer did not even notice the unavailability of the service.

What needs improvement?

I did not see the best level of usability.

We used it from August 2014 through May 2016.

I did not encounter stability issues. Even when the client disconnected because of a network problem, there was a change of state that would allow me to do some troubleshooting.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

The technical support level from Vectra Consulting and Services was highly specialized.

Recently, I opted for an open-source tool, due to the budget constraints of the place where I currently work.

Initial setup was complex because the client's infrastructure was very complex. Besides, we had another supplier that did not pass along complete information to the Spectrum configuration.

I am not aware of the pricing and licensing, since this information was kept by Vectra Consultoria e Serviços or with the client (a public body).

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate alternatives, but I already knew how to listen.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that if you have the financial budget to get this solution, you would be well taken care of.

1 visitor found this review helpful