CA Spectrum Review

It helps the infrastructure team know about problems when they occur.

What is most valuable?

Actually, the whole network is monitored with this product.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps out the infrastructure team to be more proactive. We know about the problems at the moment when they occur.

What needs improvement?

It's very difficult to use and customize. In order to maintain the software, we need specialized help. The usability is an issue for us.

I have been using this solution since 2012.

We lost our database at the end of 2016, and we spent weeks trying to restore it.

There were no scalability issues, as such.

We don't use the CA technical support itself. Instead, we use the partner's support. The word that best describes it is insufficient.

I used another solution in another company, but in my current organization, the solution was already installed.

The great aspect about the CA Spectrum tool is not what it does, but the integration that it provides with the other CA monitoring tools, such as CA APM.

The setup was complex. The installation is complex with CA products. They involve a lot of steps and customizations.

I really don't recommend it for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).

It is absolutely necessary to hire the installation service, along with the license.

Again, this solution is not for SMBs. Look at Gartner Magic Quadrant, as there are other options available that are more reliable.

However, if you have a complex scenario with lots of integration with other monitoring tools, namely IT service management (ITSM), project and portfolio management (PPM) etc., then this is the right one for you.

We evaluated other solutions, namely OpManager, Zabbix, Nagios, Ipswitch, and WhatsUp Gold.