CA Spectrum Review

The alarm and root cause analysis features are the most valuable to me.

What is most valuable?

The alarm and root cause analysis features are the most valuable to me. These features help to pinpoint causes of outages and performance issues.This ultimately identifies the specific component responsible for an issue thus accelerating problem/issue resolution.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped to accelerate issue resolution.

I supported a client running this solution for about four years.

There were no scalability issues. It integrated easily with the other third-party solution.

CA support was good.

The client had always used CA Spectrum from its inception.

The setup was pretty straightforward, as with most of the monitoring tools. The setup's implementation and the support were straightforward, with the documented support provided.

CA Spectrum is expensive. CA should really consider this factor, as smaller companies would prefer to go for cheaper monitoring tools instead.

The customer considered SolarWinds. They eventually opted for CA Spectrum because it proved to manage and monitor their large infrastructures more effectively.

What other advice do I have?

The recent versions of the CA Spectrum, such as version 10, have new added features that give organizations a good ROI.