CA Spectrum Review

Enables us to be proactive with any sort of network issues, address problems up-front

What is our primary use case?

Network monitoring.

It has performed very well, as expected. It allows us to be proactive with any sort of network issues, address the problems before they become critical problems.

What is most valuable?

Allows us to be proactive.

How has it helped my organization?

If we can be proactive, we maintain maximum uptime of our network infrastructure. It allows us to address issues before they take a network down, for example.

What needs improvement?

HTML5. Right now, it is a very Java driven application. We have lots of issues. If we do have any issues with the front end side of it, it would be Java. Dealing with Java and all the changes that are constantly happening with Java.

Stability is very good.

Scalability has been very good. I've never noticed any issues. I've used the product on a 2000-node network and on a 10,000-node network.

Tech support is very good. I've never had any issues.

We weren't using anything before Spectrum. We needed a product to monitor our network equipment for these type of things.

I'd say it's medium. You need to know how to tailor the product to your environment.

We looked at a couple of different products; I can't remember which ones, exactly.

What other advice do I have?

When we are selecting a vendor, what is important to us are

• stability
  • proven background of actually doing it
  • cost to actual functionality.

I would say to seriously take a look at Spectrum. It is a very stable and good product.