CA Spectrum Review

​Stability has been good, but orchestration has been a little bit of a challenge

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is eyes on glass, operations, responding to tickets, alerts, and incidents tickets. Performance wise it is good. We have a lot of different monitoring tools in the background, so orchestration has been a little bit of a challenge, but I think that is everybody right now. Overall it is a good tool.

What is most valuable?

• The ability to quickly identify and isolate incidents.
  • Automate ticketing

With the service manager today, we are moving the service now into the future.

What needs improvement?

A lot of the filtering and orchestration of the background takes a lot of manual work. There are a lot of processes involved and it is hard to keep it up-to-date with a lot of moving parts. Making it more dynamic could be better.

Stability has been good. We really have not had any issues.

Scalability has been good.

I have not personally used the technical support.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

It is good, but there is a lot of growth opportunity in the space. I think CA and a lot of other companies are moving in the direction of orchestrating cross-platforms. Right now, the way we are using Spectrum is really only covering infrastructure and infrastructures out of the house. I think the future with APM and other tools, being able to see more holistically what's happening, is very critical.

The most important thing is implementation, how it is implemented to enable the operations. In my current role, the operation's visibility and usability are the most important thing. So, making sure it is implemented in a way that it meets the requirement of the operation space.