CA SSO Review

We use it for multi-factor authentication and for our identity management processes. It's helped us meet requirements by having dual factor authentication.

Valuable Features

The three security products perform different functions, but they are all part of the suite. SiteMinder is an industry leading solution as everyone is using it. The new offerings are simplified, which is good.

Besides that, other things are pretty much on par for the industry products out there. All the products have valuable features, but they’re similar with what’s out there.

Improvements to My Organization

We are using it for multi-factor authentication, and we are using it also for our identity management processes. Some of the tasks we have been doing for boarding, it's helped us meet requirements by having dual-factor authentication.

Room for Improvement

With CA Identity Manager, the integration support with other technologies is still not mature enough. CA IDM still has a lot of moving components. Oracle and SailPoint solutions are much simpler and robust, although we are using CA because we have licenses despite it needing to be simplified.

Use of Solution

We're using this alongside IdentityMinder and RiskMinder.

I would rate the suite 4-5/10. SiteMinder is the most stable and is 7-8/10 rating. with the other ones, we’ve had problems, and they doesn’t really match our business needs. The other parts of the suite are lower.

I think for SiteMinder, we have a business need and we think it is scalable. For 2016, we'll increase our infrastructure. For the others, we are running them on a minimum hardware set.

We often use tech support when we get stuck in situations. We have less of a relationship with them because we escalate with partners and they provide us with support. If you just open a ticket directly with CA, the guy doesn’t have a solution. With the partners, there's always a good solution.

I started using it six years ago when it was very complex. Now they have given a lot of UI features and simplified it as well.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

They are good from a cost standpoint. The price model offering is very comparative to other solutions. That is a positive.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at Oracle and SailPoint solutions. We looked for a solution that had good integration with other technologies in an enterprise organization. We also considered the simplicity of the product.

Other Advice

CA has a lot of servers, but it needs to be simplified to only two to three components. The SiteMinder solution is something that if my colleagues would like, I’d suggest that.

Other products I would say, go look out in the market. There are better solutions, and CA should look at Gartner’s Magic Quadrant and IDG. Look at the capabilities to see how they can bring those capabilities into their products, etc. It gives me the single sign-on between applications. On-boarding isn’t effort intensive. Those are good things.