CA SSO Review

It does a good job of gathering all transactional data, capturing information for user-initiated transactions. Tuning the policy store is a little complex to ensure it doesn't get corrupted.

Valuable Features

Its flexibility and ease-of-use are the most valuable features.

The objects are tied together well in the administrator UI. It's flexible and easy to use, and the the policy store schema has been structured well.

It provides auditing and secure cookies, as well.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides security and protects end-applications. Auditing is good – it does a really good job of gathering all the transactional data. Anytime a user initiates a transaction, all of the information is captured.

It is very good. I have been working with the product for a very long time and have had no problems directly related to SiteMinder or its capabilities – only issues with our underlying infrastructure. There were a few things that CA has already addressed.

It scales very well. You can scale it horizontally or increase threads or socket configurations within the solutions.

They’re really good. Very knowledgeable. I had a policy store corruption – they were able to help me fairly quickly, in a reasonable time.

I’ve been doing it for a long time, I can say it's medium-level complexity. The policy store configuration, and tuning the policy store is a bit complex in ensuring it does not corrupt.

Other Advice

It is easy to implement, use, and scale. There is room for improvement as with any product. It’s solely based on what their requirements are, their user population, and their enterprise environment.