Symantec Siteminder Review

You log in once and you can access all of the applications that have been integrated with it.

What is most valuable?

The security and single sign-on (SSO) features are the most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

It's one login. You log in once and you can access all of the applications that have been integrated into SSO. That's the main advantage that we have seen in the organization.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more usability; more customer usability.

Stability is good. The security by CA is good. It's a great company. In England, CA is very good.

Scalability is also good.

We always use technical support when using these solutions. It's okay, with response time, for example. If you have any issues, you open a ticket to support and there are some very good support technicians. I know most of them. However, I do know quite a few of them that are not that knowledgeable. That's where the frustration comes in, when you really need an answer. When the ticket is assigned to that tech, you cannot be switched and start over. That's the only thing I faced. Other than that, if it goes to the right tech that knows the product, boom!

With the initial setup, there was some complexity and some straightforward things.

What other advice do I have?

Cost is the most important criteria when selecting a vendor.

More Symantec Siteminder reviews from users