CA SSO Review
It protects the company from vulnerabilities and has improved our user experience. The quality of support and documentation provided are my primary concerns.

Valuable Features

Security is the most valuable feature.

Improvements to My Organization

It enhances the user experience and the security posture for the company. It protects the company from vulnerabilities.

It has improved our user experience quite a bit because they can log in once and go to any application they want, as long as it is integrated with SiteMinder, which was the not the case before. So, in terms of productivity it does add a lot of value.

Room for Improvement

We would like to see more information on the analytical piece of it. There are certain other components which are integrating, advanced integration, that might add value to it. We would like to see the CA SiteMinder by itself provide threat analytics, depending on behavioral authentication and so on, without having to add an extra piece to it.

Use of Solution

We've been using this product for about ten years.

This product is quite stable. We've been using this product for about ten years. We haven't experienced a situation where we had to take an outage because the product was unstable. The core policy server is pretty stable, but there are other add-ons that keep coming up with which we keep having problems. However, CA has been proactive in fixing these issues.

The scalability of this tool is very good.

I would give the technical support a rating of 2-3/10. Most of the time, from my experience, every time I have an issue, techncial support tries to buy time by asking me some unrelated questions or by trying to give me information that does not match my requirement. I need to push hard to get a subject matter expert who can help me with the product. This is an experience I have been having for the last 4 to 5 years; it is not new.

We were not using any other product before this one.

I was involved in the initial setup process. The initial setup was neither straightforward nor complex. It is medium, depending on the implementations. It was a bit complicated because of the number of components that we had to install, based on our setup.

Other Advice

Any advice I would give about this product would be an honest reflection of my experience with this product. From the technical perspective, as much as we can do, it has been pretty good. Don’t get me wrong, our account manager is great; there is no question about that. However, the quality of support and documentation are my primary concerns.

Some of the most important factors while selecting a vendor are the vendor’s technical experience, our approachability to them, their response back, licensing costs and so on.