CA SSO Review
Takes the burden off the developer and easy to use. Very complex installation process.

Valuable Features

The valuable features are security in general and ease of use. More specifically, ease of use for the developers, and security where the developer doesn't have to know about authentication or security. You just put the agent on, and it's all handled for them.

Improvements to My Organization

This product takes the burden off the developer. It increases productivity, because they don't have to worry about security in their code as much. This speeds up and aligns the development. The product works on my IP as well.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see reporting, REST-based queries. Reporting is a big one for us. We want to be able to put in the URL and get a list of all of the access that that URL has. On the flip side of that, one could put on a LDAP group, and program this LDAP group to get access to all of these URLs. That's something that we don't have today, and we're actually trying to build that. It would be nice if that was built into the product, and be API driven. Anything that we can do in the user interface, we want to be able to do that programmatically through SDKs, or through a rest interface. It's all about automation stuff. With everything moving to AWS right now, we have everything automated with CA Single Sign-On, except for the installation. That's the main reason behind my rating.

The stability is pretty good. Probably on a scale of ten, I would rate it as a nine or ten.

I would rate the scalability as an eight or nine.

In the past, I'd say our quality of technical support was probably pretty low. In a lot of cases, it seemed like we knew more than the support person, but recently it has gotten a lot better. In the last few support cases, it seemed like they were really knowledgeable people, so I think it's heading in the right direction. Technical support is a lot better now.

The installation process was complex. There are a lot of different moving pieces, and the main complaint is that it's hard to automate any of it. There are so many disparate pieces, and it's not built on top of micro services, neither is it API driven.

Other Advice

I think the relationship with the vendor is good, that they come to us for feedback. They ask us what we want to see in the product. I think is becoming better now than it has in the past with the community. I actually submitted a community idea, and within a year that was actually put into the product, so I think it's getting better in that regard. I would say first try to figure out what your business requirements are before you come up with a solution, and then look at what the solution is. In a lot of cases, CA Single Sign-On could meet those business requirements.