CA SSO Review

It is flexible, integrates with applications and solutions, and is configurable.

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

Obviously, the most valuable feature is the flexibility of the solution, it being able to be integrated with a number of applications and solutions; and also, the configurability of the solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Security is a big concern of our client and it is certainly something that helps the client be able to secure the application and provide a better user experience; doing a single sign-on instead of multiple logins, for example.

What needs improvement?

I've seen a lot of analytics capability being built in for a number of products. Obviously, I want to be able to use analytics on CA SSO as well.

The client that I manage it for has used it for four years already.

It's a stable solution. It's been in place for quite some time already. There aren’t a lot of operational or technical issues that are related to the system, so it's a stable solution.

It has been scalable, to us, at this point in time. It's been able to support quite a number of applications for our client. It's scalable to us.

Technical support has been great. Generally, support is very responsive, timely, and obviously, we have account support folks that we can reach out to, to be able to support us if there's any technical issue.

With the setup, obviously, with a large organization, there are quite a number of things to be done. There is some complexity involved, but generally, I would say that it's been quite successful.

We knew we needed to invest in a new solution because, obviously, again, security is a main concern of a lot of clients. Generally, the solution is stable, it's one of the leaders in the market, and it was chosen to be implemented.

I think what we will be looking for when selecting a vendor is in terms of support, technical support, when there is an issue. I think that's a key component to us when we implement a product. We want to be able to deal with issues when they arise. Can we support it? That's what we will look for from a vendor.

What other advice do I have?

Generally, it's been a great product for us to use. It's been stable. It's been a good product.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a CA partner.