CA SSO Review

The most valuable features are simplified federation and Integrated Windows Authentication.

What is most valuable?

• Simplified federation
  • Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA)

Our customer had two requirements:

• Authentication without any challenges
  • Access to the partner's application without any additional login required

The first requirement got covered by IWA. The second requirement was covered by simplified federation.

IWA is an out-of-the-box feature. The SAML-based federation is standard for all tools. However, CA Single Sign-On has made the federation configuration way too simple and handy to set up and use.

Updates as on 09/21/2017

CA SSO is helping us a lot in providing the access solution to the customers. The enhanced features in the Simplified federation and the support for a number of different User store types allow us to support almost anything that customer needs. Very pleased with the new Reporting tool from CA that has ut of the bx integration capabilities with CA SSO and is an excellent tool for simplified and useful reports.

How has it helped my organization?

My customer is able to get seamless authentication done using IWA and straight access to the partner's application without any further authentication.

Reporting an auditing was one of the most needed requirements that was fulfilled very easily by CA SSO.

What needs improvement?

The upgrade/migration process can be simplified further.

If the reporting feature can be integrated into SSO itself that will be an icing on the cake.

I have used this solution for almost eight years.

Not until now form CA SSO side. Only one time we had to deviate from requirement because CA SSO does not support Oauth as a token provider and need additional tools to achieve this.

We have never experienced any stability issues.

Up until now, there were no scalability issues. We are able to manage around 25K users without any issues.

Good customer service for the support and comfort to the customer.

The technical support team is not very proactive. CA can improve in this area. I would give them a rating of 5/10.

This is the first solution that we have tried.

The initial setup was very easy and straightforward.

In house implementation

It is a good return on investment and we are able to deliver SSO as a service.

The price is quite comparable to the other enterprise-level solutions in that market. Since it has a user-based license, one should plan in advance regarding the scope in scalability.

We looked at similar solutions from Oracle and IBM. However, CA was much better, in terms of its user-friendly nature and the cost.

What other advice do I have?

The major focus should be on planning, design, scope, and scalability. The rest is a piece of cake.