CA SSO Review

Provides secure PC login, and allays concerns of unwanted access to data if a device is lost

What is our primary use case?

Validation of people's logins when they log in to their PCs. Everybody, when you turn on your PC, you go SiteMinder to login. Security.

It has performed very well, it does what we need it to do, it's reliable, and it doesn't impose any overhead on the user or on the platform.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use for the user
  • Security, of course
  • The ease of setup and installation

How has it helped my organization?

We can definitely control our user experience better on the PCs. People don't necessarily have to worry about losing something, like a PC, or a tablet, or a phone, because it's controlled by SiteMinder. We can remote wipe it, we can do all sorts of different things to secure it.

What needs improvement?

Answering this would require me to know what the current platform does or doesn't do, and I'm afraid I'm not a good enough judge to make that evaluation. I might say something and it's already there, and I just don't know about it.

I will say the user interface for login is kind of plain. They could make it a little prettier. The site is a big, blue screen, with "SiteMinder," and that's pretty much it.

It seems pretty stable so far. It's a mature product, it's been around for a long time.

We're using it on thousands and thousands of devices, thousands and thousands of users. So, it's very scalable.