CA SSO Review
You can quickly deploy the entire product with a basic config. However, the GUIs are not very clear.

Primary Use Case

Our primary use is for client demo on authentication/authorization, federation, and ease of use.

Improvements to My Organization

The product was just for client demo purposes. There was no deployment onsite.

Valuable Features

• This is the only access management product that I have come across which configures end-to-end and hosts resources.
  • This product is very easy to deploy. I just strictly needed to follow the user-guide.
  • The CA directory services is something that I found to be cool.
  • I liked the debugging part. There are only two files (trace file and log file) that you need to look into while performing debugging, and the logs give you the exact info on where and what needs to be fixed.
  • You can quickly deploy the entire product with a basic config within couple of hours.

Room for Improvement

• The GUIs are not very clear, especially when integrating with other products from CA.
  • Like CA IDM, there can be challenges. One needs to know that they have great hands-on on their app servers to understand the logic and deploy it accordingly.
  • There were challenges with version compatibility, and this is something that I did not like. This all happened during the second phase while trying out various integrations.

Use of Solution

Less than one year.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Technical support by CA Technologies is wonderful. I used to post my queries and get quick responses. The CA forum is something I would recommend to follow if you are dealing with any CA product. I appreciate their timely and effective responses.

Although it is straightforward, for someone new to access management, it is always a challenge to understand what is done and why. That is where I struggled initially, since I was very new to the domain. Domain knowledge is more important when you are new to a product.

Pricing, License Cost and Setup

I recommend conducting a PoC on every available product before choose one.

Other Solutions Considered

Not applicable.

Other Advice

Be sure to get your doubts clear on any product features, integration with other CA products, and other security products.

I recently came across Okta, which also has cool features.

Before implementing, ask a CA manager to provide you a list of use cases, which can help you in building/offering what you have in mind.