CA SYSVIEW Review

It provides information that supports our duties in problem alerts, problem investigation, and performance monitoring and management.

What is our primary use case?

System monitoring and issue alerting. Problem investigation and resolution. System status and configuration details.

How has it helped my organization?

It pulls together a lot of utilities provided by other tools/products into one consistent umbrella.

What is most valuable?

CICS, JES, and MVS aren't necessarily valuable, just very useful. SYSVIEW provides information that supports our duties in problem alerts, problem investigation, and performance monitoring and management.

What needs improvement?

For one particular environment, the capturing, recording and presentation of IBM CPUMF data would be useful.

IBM Mainframes now produce data on processor cache performance. There is a mechanism for capturing that data within z/OS. It is useful for comparing machines and the impact of the number of partitions and logical to physical processors ratios.

More than five years.

We've had no issues with the stability.

It's been able to scale for our needs.

They're very good.

We switched due to a corporate directive.

It wasn't very difficult to implement.

I am not involved with licensing, as this is done at a corporate level.

I was not involved in the decision to purchase this product.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very powerful and reliable tool with a relatively easy to follow interface.