CA SYSVIEW Review

Actions can be triggered by thresholds. Many users have ceased manually performing functions.

Valuable Features

I really appreciate that actions can be triggered by thresholds. For example, when a threshold is reached, a job can be launched without having to use triglevel, capevent or another option.

Many SYSVIEW users have ceased manually performing functions.

Many sectors of IT appreciate and use the MVS display phase.

Improvements to My Organization

We can easily monitor any batch and CICS event, and this assures us in times of very high workload.

Room for Improvement

I think they could improve the frontend action stage and alert thresholds, for a better and more-usable job action or REXX launch.

Better management of the relationship between a threshold and the start of the response action, be it a job or a REXX, similar to the operation of OPS/MVS (in centers where there is not a SYSVIEW/OPS/MVS pair).

Use of Solution

We have been using it for 6-7 years.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support has very good, kind people; they are available and prepared.

I did not previously use a different solution.

The first time I saw SYSVIEW, I found it straightforward and easy to use. I then encountered some difficulties when I started using it full-time. But now it's alright. In any case, when I speak to the service center, I still discover new product features.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

Other Advice

I can easily and highly recommend it.