Ca2

CA SYSVIEW Review
The automatic JES2 spool cleanup is based on multiple filter criteria.

Valuable Features

• The MVS and JES2 product displays provide very detailed information.
  • The REXX API allows for very simple but powerful automation.

Improvements to My Organization

It has benefited our organization by the automatic JES2 spool cleanup based on multiple filter criteria.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see better web browser support that display views, reports, and graphs. Currently, we use the IBM 3270 interface.

It would be nice if we could access the data and display it in a more “modern” way. I think there is some web client offered via the Vantage product. It is unclear to me what possibilities this client offers, as I do not have Vantage installed.

I would like to have a web client which supports all SYSVIEW functions and graphical dashboards. Perhaps this would enable us to export the data directly into an Excel format. After all, graphical displays on an IBM 3270 are not that great.

Use of Solution

We have used it for over 10 years, although we stopped using it for a period of time due to a management issue.

We have not encountered any issues with stability.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability.

Technical support is very good.

We used MainView from BMC.

The installation was straightforward.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I only select the best products to use in the company. I am not involved in the final price negotiations.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated MainView and OMEGAMON.

Other Advice

If you are looking for a good performance monitoring and system tool, this solution offers it in a very compact product suite.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA SYSVIEW?

Our experts can help. 239,537 professionals have used our research on 5,957 solutions.