CA SYSVIEW Review

The stability is very reliable, but I would like to have the ability to correlate transactions that cross technologies

What is our primary use case?

SYSVIEW is a performance analysis tool. It is used to analyze various transaction-based subsystems and evaluate when there are problems that need to be addressed, and it is also looking for trends over time.

What is most valuable?

The areas which it covers, CICS and DB2, are primarily the best for identifying problems which need to be resolved.

What needs improvement?

Having spoken with the product owner, we discussed the interests of being able to identify the unit of work ID giving us the ability to correlate transactions that cross technologies. For example, if a unit of work ID is associated with a CICS, a DB2, and a MQ transaction, and having that capability correlate to those different technologies via one business application transaction which would be beneficial.

The stability is very reliable. We have not had any issues.

It definitely scales. I have had no issues in terms of performance of the software.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try. Do not deny it because of other possible influences that may or may not be valid with this particular solution.