CA SYSVIEW Review

The queues on the system are fast, and it is very intuitive to locate something

What is our primary use case?

We use it to surveillance our mainframe system to see if it is behaving fine or if anything is wrong, and it is perfect. It is a very good product.

How has it helped my organization?

We have not had any major issues in approximately 15 years.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to see if anything is wrong. The queues on the system are fast, and it is very intuitive to locate something.

What needs improvement?

We are using Datacom as the database system, so maybe a little bit more integration with that.

It can also be a little bit more better, but it is very good. I do not any products that can do all the things that it is doing.

It is very stable. We have small bugs now and then, but normally we just open a case at CA and it gets solved very quickly.

The scalability is absolutely fine.

Technical support is very good. I would rate them an eight out of 10. Sometimes you think they should be a little bit faster to solve the issues, but it is also difficult sometimes to duplicate what the issue is.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

I was only involved with the testing of the upgrade. We have some assistant programmers to do the upgrade.

What other advice do I have?

I think it is quite good. Absolutely, get it. It is a great tool.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: I'm not sure it is about the vendor. Maybe it is about the product. Of course, you have to coach your support, but it is mostly how the product is.